Blog Archives

Industrial Area Authority Archive: Building Marghera

EN We publish a series of photos regarding the process of birth and development of the various areas of Marghera, it is particularly interesting to note the transformation of the amphibious territory of the lagoon in a solid space that

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Historical Archive

Industrial Area Authority Archive: Volpi Power Plant

EN The thermal power plant Volpi, coal fuelled is now owned by Enel and was built in 1926 to feed the growing industrial area of Marghera. It is situated along the industrial canal West on an ​​11 hectares area. The

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Historical Archive

Industrial Area Authority Archive: Breda

EN The Ernesto Breda shipyard was implanted in Marghera after WWI with the rise of the industrial port in Venice and the first excavations date back to 1917: works for quays towards the northern bank of the canal, docks where

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Historical Archive

Industrial Area Authority Archive: Fusina

EN Today we selected from the Industrial Area Authority Archive a series of imagines of the Fusina area. This is the last developed industrial area in Marghera, the relationship and contrast with the Vallone Moranzani and with the agricultural landscape

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Historical Archive

Industrial Area Authority Archive: Chemistry Peninsula

EN We publish a series of imagines of the Chemistry Peninsula: the real heart of the Marghera industrial complex, a naked industry, a tangle of pipes that for years represented the main cause of the extraordinary pollution of the entire

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Historical Archive

Industrial Area Authority Archive: Commercial Harbour

EN The Sali e Tabacchi warehouse in the Commercial Harbour Area is one of the oldest and most particular structures for the storage of materials (silos), that we can find in Marghera. Built between 1926 and 1927 by Monopoli di

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Historical Archive

Industrial Area Authority Archive: Storage Tanks Island & Tresse Island

EN The reclaimed mud islands were designed by the Water Authority of Venice in order to plant muds from the excavation and dredging activities of the canals, rivers and seabeds of the city of Venice and the whole Lagoon. Today

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Historical Archive